3-12 March 2017 on eBay and by post.
All the lots are listed on this website: miscellaneous; shooting; fishing. and there will be links to the lots on eBay from 3 March.
Fishing lots are also located on a map.
Request a printed catalogue from firstname.lastname@example.org or download a PDF of the text catalogue (3.2mb) or the illustrated version (12.7MB). List of catalogue amendments and late lots is here.
The auction raises vital funds which we use to deliver practical advice and habitat work, inspiring and helping people to protect wild trout. Click here to learn more about how we spend the funds raised.
How to bid:
- You can bid using eBay or by post.
- To bid on eBay you will need to register. Click here to register.
- If you want to bid by post, we will bid on eBay on your behalf. Postal bid forms are here. Postal bids must arrive no later than 9 March.
- If you have any problems bidding, please contact us on 023 9257 0985 or email@example.com
Finding the lots on eBay:
- The lots will appear on eBay from 3 March
- Click here for a link to all the lots on eBay from 3 March or
- Use the link from the website lot description or the map of fishing lots to the lot on eBay or
- To search for a particular lot within eBay use the lot number in the format WTT123. e.g. WTT001 for lot 1.
How bidding works:
- Enter your maximum bid value into eBay or the postal bid form and eBay will bid on your behalf against other bidders up to that value and let you know by email when someone has out-bid you.
- Bidding can be fast and furious in the closing stages so you may want to keep an eye on your bids during the course of the final evening. Times of when bids close for each lot are shown on eBay.
- If you are the winning bidder, eBay will notify you by email and you will need to pay for your lot within 7 days. You can pay by credit /debit card or by PayPal from eBay or call the WTT office on 023 9257 0985 to make payment.
- Once payment has cleared, you will receive an email (or letter) from the WTT confirming the lot you have won. The email will give you the details of the contact for fishing lots or will confirm your address for dispatch of any physical lots. For fishing lots, the donor of the lot is also advised of your email contact details or address if no email is supplied. It is the winning bidder's responsibility to contact the donor promptly and make arrangements to take the lot.
Conditions of sale
- The auction will be subject to the terms and conditions of eBay.co.uk.
The WTT has the right to refuse any bid. If the winning bid is invalid or is not paid, the next highest bid shall be the winning bid.
- The descriptions of the Lots are based upon information provided by the donors of the Lots and have not been verified by the WTT, and should not be relied upon as statements of definitive fact. Neither the WTT nor the relevant donor can be held responsible for errors of description or for genuineness or authenticity of any Lot, or for any fault or defect in it.
If the donor of a Lot does not make available to the winning bidder the relevant fishing or shooting substantially as described, and alternative arrangements are not made, the WTT shall refund the purchase price to the winning bidder, but shall have no liability to him or her for any consequential costs, loss or damages, whether associated with the cancellation of travel plans or otherwise.
- Bidders bidding by post authorise the WTT to place a bid on eBay.co.uk as agent on their behalf, and shall be bound as if they had placed the bid personally.
Payment should be made by credit card or cheque payable to The Wild Trout Trust within 7 days of notice of a winning bid. If full payment has not been received within two weeks of notification, the sale may be rescinded by the WTT without notice. The rights to a Lot purchased shall not pass until the WTT has received payment in full.
- All Lots in the WTT 2017 Auction must be taken during the 2017 season unless otherwise stated and are taken at one’s own risk.
These conditions of sale are subject to English law, and the WTT and each bidder submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Lots in this auction have all been generously given for the benefit of the WTT. They may not be resold or awarded as prizes for competitions.
Exclusive chalk-stream fishing
Limestone and spate rivers
Mountain lakes and Irish Loughs
Trout, salmon, grayling, bass, pike and barbel
Bonefishing and other holidays abroad